Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Not Alone

The cancer is back. Surgery isn't an option. She will start Chemotherapy soon. She is staying positive, even as she faces more pain. That's what Mom's do I guess. And some daughters fall apart, thinking of how strange it will be, not to have that unconditional love just a phone call away.

As I am sharing my pain with family and friends, I am realizing that I am not alone in this. I am surrounded by people that have suffered devastating loss in their lives as well. Some have gone through Cancer with loved ones, others have lost someone to sudden tragedy's. And so many people that I don't even know are dealing with the loss of a child. Loss is part of Life. And I need to remember this, and remind myself of this. Even though it will be hard when it happens, I will get through it as all of the others have. One day at a time. I will spend as much time with her as I can. I will have heart to heart talks with her. I will laugh with her and try not to cry in front of her. I will try to get a lifetimes worth of advice from her. I will do whatever she needs me to do to make her comfortable during the long 16 weeks of Chemo. And I will pray every moment that God will bless her and take away as much pain from her as possible. And I will thank God for all the wonderful years he has given me with her. And I will remember that I am not alone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...