Sunday, July 01, 2012

Its that time again!
Another Suburban Girl Design Team Reveal!
 I started with 2 charms from Diana Ptaszynski and
a Beautiful handmade lampwork bead from Jan Onipenco
And found a few of my tiny roundelles to add to the mix.

So now what? I have some cute pieces. What the heck do I do now? 
As you all know, I am a Ceramic BEAD Artist. I am SO NOT a jewelry Designer!
I had not a clue, what to do with these. My first thought was to get a huge jump ring, put all of these on it, and hang it from a silk ribbon. What about a clasp, you ask? Tie a knot! I don't know!
Now... remembering the nightmares I had before the last SGDC ,
I made up my mind that I was gonna ask for help right away and avoid these horrible dreams altogether.
So I contacted my Designer Friend, Jessica Stoops
I showed her the above picture and just like magic, she had an idea. 

*side note* I really wish I had the same brain cells as all of you designers. 
Cause, if  I did, I could be creating all the perfect components that you all want. :-D
The first thing she tried to explain to me was how to make 
one of these looparoundthingymaabobbers. 
I remembered that I had taken a class with Susan Schwartzenberger
at the StonyCreek Bead Store.   Susan did her VERY best to teach me how to work with wire. 
And I really enjoyed her class. But, I am just not cut out for Jewelry Designing Greatness.
Sooooo.....
I kept trying and ended up with this. 



So? What do you think? Should I tare it apart and start over? 
Or is it a keeper?


Be sure to check out all of the 
Suburban Girl Studio Design Team members blogs to see what they created!

3 comments:

Higgins Design Studio said...

I think it looks fabulous! And the wrap-around-wire-thingymabobber looks great!
Keep it up girl!

Melinda Orr - BANDANA GIRL said...

I Love it! ...How does it feel on?

Marla James said...

Why Thank you ladies! Melinda, It is very comfortable. I was surprised! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...