Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Color Palette Challenge

Color Palette Inspiration
for the Beads of Clay
Professional Artisan Team Members

Every Month on the BOC Public blog
Brandi Husey of BrandiGirlBlog is going to write up a post focusing on a couple of color palettes to inspire our bead and design creativity for the month ahead.
I hope to participate each month.
I look forward to trying glaze colors that I have not used before
and re using colors that I love.
I would love for you to follow along on my adventure.



July 2012 Brandi Girl Color Palette Inspiration



I really love this Pier Palette. I was especially drawn to the Mustard Color.
And knowing that Fall is right around the corner
this is what I came up with.


I have always loved Trees. 
My mother used to take me on long walks in the woods
 and she would teach me the names of the trees and how to identify them.
I was especially drawn to the mighty Oak.
I thought the acorns were just plain cute. :-)
So fast forward about 40 years.........
I happened across a plaster mold from the 1950s.
It had Oak leaf shapes and acorns and pine cones.
I have never figured out why the pine cones were a part of this mold.
Maybe just to confuse people??  It worked.  hehe
ANYway......  I have used it quite a few times in the fall. 
But I have never glazed them this way. 
I left the tops (the cupule) of the Acorns without any glaze to show off 
the Porcelain's natural beauty, and just glazed the bottoms (the nut).

So?
Tell me what you think?
Did I meet the challenge?
Or show I have made a sailboat bead??
LOL








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...